Welcome to St. Mary's!
We're glad you're interested in spending a semester or a year at St. Mary's College of Maryland (SMCM). The Office of International Education (IE Office) assists visiting international and exchange students from the following SMCM partner institutions:
- Akita International University, Japan
- Heidelberg University in Heidelberg, Germany
- Lingnan University in Hong Kong, China
- Payap University in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Sciences Po in Paris, France
- University of The Gambia in Kanifing, The Gambia
- University of Ljubljana in Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Université Michel de Montaigne, Bordeaux 3 in Bordeaux, France
- NSE (National Student Exchange) Colleges and Universities
Additionally, we work with international students who will be be spending all four years here at SMCM.
Exchange students from these partner institutions typically study at SMCM for a semester or a year. This site is designed to provide international and exchange students with information about SMCM and to help them prepare for attendance at the College.
If you are an inbound international or exchange student, the links in the side menu offer information to assist you during each phase of your study abroad experience at St. Mary's. We look forward to you joining our campus community.All International Students (exchange and matriculating) must fill out the International/Exchange Student Check-in Form at the beginning of every semester that provides necessary information as a part of their immigration requirements.